AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 Mechanical is a 3D Design and Drafting tool for all Mechanical Engineers and Designers. AutoCAD Mechanical represents a tool that offers design professionals the most powerful and comprehensive 3D model development capabilities already available in the market, for free!
The Autodesk website describes AutoCAD Mechanical as “the industry-leading 2D and 3D mechanical CAD software offering a complete set of tools to deliver fast, intuitive designs from concept through detail” – it is used by more than 800000 users worldwide.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 Editor’s Review
Engineers can use AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 to create accurate technical drawings very quickly. The latest release has added a 360-degree rotating view, real-time dimensioning, and many more. AutoCAD Mechanical is used by technical professionals to create CAD drawings and it best suits their requirements.
Mechanical 2019 has a user-friendly interface and provides the tools required for the design and drafting process. AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 supports 3D modeling of different engineering objects using all standard 2D symbols, which makes it easier for users to switch from AutoCAD or any other similar software. AutoCAD Mechanical offers better performance and advanced options in comparison to its earlier versions. The tutorial files included with this version are very helpful in learning the nuances of the software.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 provides a wide range of tools to design mechanical components: Extrude, Revolve, Lathe, Loft, Sweep or Cut any shape out of an existing solid using Create Shape tool. Create surface models using Surface Modeling workbench. It provides tools such as Fillet/Chamfer, Knife & Break objects, etc.
Use the Sheet Metal Design workbench to create sheet metal parts (sheet segments and bends) directly from flat patterns or reference geometry. Multiple patterns on multiple sheets can be joined to create a complete sheet metal part.
In the Assembly Design workbench, components can be placed into frame and mirror frame parts. You can create joint families and design assemblies using these joints. Joints also support mating with other joints such as hinged or prismatic joints. New features have been added like support for capstans, new preload options in the constraints table, etc.
Use the Gasket Design workbench to create thin sections and gaskets from compound curves, wire sections or rectangles, circles arcs, etc. Also, you can import polylines or splines as a starting profile for creating gasket shapes using the Lofting tools of the gasket design workbench.
Sheet Metal Bend
Now bend tools have been improved and added more powerful features. The standard sheet metal bend tools can be used to create partial bends by specifying a centerline or curvature radius of the bend line. It is possible to add a draft while modifying the shape of a bend, which is useful in complex designs where even twists are required to make part fit inside the punch for example.
A new capstan bend tool has been introduced for creating inner and outer radius-based capstan or scissor-like bends along with a single centerline or two profiles. Similar to regular sheet metal bends, the draft angle can also be specified for these kinds of multi-radii curves. Another new feature facilitated in this workbench is the ‘Punch creation’ option that helps you generate holes.
New User Interface
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 is loaded with a new user interface, which is based on the AutoCAD Classic Toolbar. This new UI allows users to work faster & easier compared to the previous versions of computers. Comparable features are added and removed by Autodesk for better improvement in design tools at your fingertips.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 has got new tools added to the previous ones, you can now convert an AutoLISP program into a C++ program. This feature allows users to create customized reports specific to their requirements, in the easiest way possible. Other than this, below are some additional features that will definitely fascinate any user…
of AutoCAD Mechanical 2019;
– Add-in Manager – The add-in manager is used for switching between registered files & allowing various CAD packages to communicate with each other through 3rd party protocols. At your convenience, you can explore and choose between these packages at any one time without having any hassle of switching them.
– User Preferences – customize the color schemes for your Mechanical 2019 program. With this feature, you can modify or change the most commonly used tools to your favorite colors which are easy on the eyes.
– The updated Layer manager – This is one of the major features being added in this version, as it was widely criticized due to its inability to perform efficiently earlier. With this new version, users will now be able to have better control over various layers & modify them manually according to their requirements without any sort of trouble at all.
– The newly modified Add-in Manager:
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 comes with an add-in manager which allows you to choose and manage the add-ins that you require.
The layer manager in AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 is one of the most important updates as it solved numerous issues with layers. With an improved ability to control layers, you can easily set off any changes which is essential while running multiple commands on different files.
With this new & updated version of AutoCAD Mechanical, users will be able to scan 2d drawings into 3D models and vice-versa. More than anything else, it allows users to do a better job at their own convenience without facing any sort of trouble due to its amazing design tools and usability features. It also comes loaded with two powerful applications such as the “AutoLISP”.
Also, try AutoCAD Architecture 2021 Free Download
All significant points are highlighted below:
– New Pull tool combats all previous instances of hooking as it allows you to drag objects from their center point. Dragging an object can be achieved by holding down CTRL while dragging or SHIFT+CTRL together. The hook tool also has a ‘light’ mode that shows only selected lines (default) as opposed to hiding them when the light mode is off.
– New Polar Tracking tool allows you to set a fixed angular value for the rotation of objects in polar mode. This will come in handy when rotating text or polylines around a diameter. The object symbol can also be calculated based on the current angle and length of an object from its center point. You can do so by right-clicking on an aligned object and choosing ‘Object Angle Calculator’.
– New Omni Prism option allows you to turn existing 2D geometry into realistic 3D models that are typically scaled versions of their real-world counterparts. Using this option, you can convert basic shapes (Circles, Lines, etc.) into complex 3D forms with ease.
Designing Mechanical Components
AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 is a powerful software for 2D and 3D mechanical designs. The user can create detailed AutoCAD drawings of mechanical parts like Bearings, Rotors, Cylinders, Gears, etc., which are similar to the sketched lines on paper so as to get an idea about their shape and size. Every drawing created in this program has its own geometry which can be modified or edited at any time.
A Bearing block is a great way to quickly document the inner workings of your assembly. You can also add annotations and include performance data plots for comparison purposes with other similar assemblies. This is helpful if you need to compare different models (for example pump models) where it’s hard to see the differences without annotation.
A Rotor block is a symbolic representation of an assembly. It shows the sketched shape and features of the part but not their true size or geometry. You can create assemblies using different shapes as well, such as Cylinders, Gears, etc. Rotors are useful to document existing machinery that has already been manufactured on full scale. There’s no limit to how a component can be split into Blocks and it’s easy to do so because it allows quick access to all Block commands by right-clicking on selected entities/objects/components within any drawing view or 3D Viewing environment. For example, if you select a single Line entity from inside a 2D drawing view.
This is an interesting addition. Now not only will your animated 3D model show how a machine works but also moves and reacts like it would in real life. This feature was previously available only through their enterprise offering. You could either add this animation on top of a design or build this from scratch using Motion Study options in it. Because motion is so important to the design process – especially when working with manufacturing clients – AutoCAD mechanical users need tools that help them create accurate motion simulations without having advanced knowledge of 3D.
New Features in Autocad Mechanical 2019
- Got a new user interface.
- New 3D Design tools.
- It is with the enterprise offer, which is their commercial offering. And it’s also available for AutoCAD mechanical users. It provides a real-time connection to things like sustainable design, performance management, and project intelligence tools (which they bought last year).
- “It makes a lot of sense to integrate these services into the tool that you use on a day-to-day basis,” says Jack Meneely, Autodesk’s senior director of product management. “You can take a look at your design intent and you can pull in all sorts of data from other places – not just cost and schedule but whether or not you’re complying with standards.”
- As you work on the drawing, there will be live updates. So if something changes in one of the properties, you will see it update live in the viewport. If you can’t do that to a drawing right now, we are just making up for lost time!
System Requirements for Autocad Mechanical 2019
What are the system requirements for Mechanical 2019?
Nowadays, most 3D design application software has a similar system requirement. Some basic components include:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or Core i3.
- Memory (RAM): 1GB of RAM is required.
- Hard Disk Space: 5 GB of free space required